Friday, May 14, 2010

Paris: Day 3 pt. 1

Statues in front of the Musee d'Orsay

Day three in Paris! Oh boy! We just squeaked in for breakfast and then headed out for our adventure. For this trip, we decided to start with the Musee D'Orsay, which we'd heard such wonderful things about. To get there, we needed to take the Metro to the RER and then take the RER to the museum. It sounds much more complicated than it was!

Musee D'Orsay

The stop was under the museum, so once we made it to ground level, we could just go around the corner and POOF! The museum!

Me, approaching the Musee D'Orsay

That would be me heading for the entrance.

Front of the Musee d'Orsay

There's no photography inside the museum, so we checked our cameras (as to not be tempted). I should have snagged a few pics in the GORGEOUS cafe we ate in. The food was not so great. Actually, I think I had the worst meal of the trip there. It's not the food's fault! I'm sure it was beautifully prepared - it just wasn't a flavor profile I enjoyed AT ALL! I ordered a cold radish soup with shrimp but, the shrimp was RAW! Now, when I get 'raw' shrimp at sushi places, it's cooked! It's just cold...not this dish. The pretty pink cup REEKED of fishy flavor and the cold, slimy shrimp was just gag-inducing. I'm getting gaggy just thinking about it.

The fantastic orange scented pound cake and caramel tea more than made up for the gross soup. Once we finished our "lunch" and exploring the wonders of the museum, we found a place that served sandwiches to sustain us. Once we finished, it was back on the RER to get to Le Tour Eiffel.

The Eiffel Tower in B/W

No comments: