Monday, April 06, 2009

Rouge G - by Guerlain

Guerlain - Rouge G

Guerlain has introduced a new lipstick line called "Rouge G de Guerlain" it comes in the most fantastic case I've ever seen! Designed by Lorenz Baumer, a French Jeweler.

Rouge G - super stealth!

It is white gold-coated with a mirrored interior.

Rouge G - Mirror

It's delicious to hold! The case is very smooth. You open it simply by pulling the lipstick out and the top flips open with a very satisfying sound. The colors themselves run the gamut. There are plenty of neutral shades to work for everyday and more than a few bolder hues. I opted for BOLD for this purchase:

Rouge G - in the case

This one is a vivid pink. Perfect for the summer! It gives me a berry kissed, slightly sunburned mouth. I've always loved that color on my face - just never wanted the sun exposure! The price is about double what I've normally paid for lipsticks in the past $45.00. The colors, however, STAY. I cannot believe the long-lasting effects of this bright color! I've never had a lipstick work this well for me! I've tried many of the current "long-lasting" labeled creations and find my lips to be very dry. This one does not dry out my lips. They feel great and look fabulous!

I may have to go back for more!

The enabling of the ladies at the Guerlain counter at Saks knows no peers! They sent me on my way with a lovely sampler of Rouge G colors....

Samples of Rouge G - Guerlain

There are at least two on here that I really like! Would it be very wrong to spend $135.00 on lipstick?

No comments: