Wednesday, June 16, 2010

"Toy Story 3" Premiere - a.k.a. Hurray for Hollywood! Pt.2

photo

Set up in the field of Hollywood High (seriously) was the funtastic 'Fun Zone'! Inside were games, delicious food, and photo spots! We had a blast!

photo

photo

Our very first stop was this sweet spot - with Red Velvet cupcakes (no pictures, I was busily cramming them into my mouth). The little 'pops' were various chocolate enrobed morsels. The one I had was peanut butter and chocolate, dipped in chocolate and chocolate sprinkles. It brought a (chocolate) tear to my eye! We also had corn dogs, cotton candy, pizza, vanilla shakes, and a potato taco. We had to share that one, as the last one was snagged right from under me by Weird Al Yankovic (I swear!).

Cotton Candy

We didn't try all the games but, we HAD to stop at this one: the Bean the Alien game! Jeff does the voice for those little green charmers and I wanted a picture of him there:

photo
photo

When you toss the ball through their mouth they say "Oooooooh!". Hilarious.

photo

In the 'Big' tent you could build a Mister Potato head, see inside Ken's dream house, Sit on a GIANT chair for a picture, race Slinkys down stairs, and take your picture with the Roundup Gang!

There were lots of characters running around. We saw Woody, Jesse, Bullseye, & Buzz. I almost bumped into Mister Potato head who waggled his eyes at me...so, I'm pretty sure he didn't mind! We also saw Lotso!

photo

I didn't get close enough to see if he smelled like Strawberries - sorry.

Buzz's Bday

As I mentioned before, it was Tim Allen's birthday and they had a HUGE cake for him at the theater. They had one at the Fun Zone too, and I got a piece! It was made by the folks with the Red Velvet cupcakes! It was chocolatey delicious!

Buzz On The Top!

About this time, we started getting tired. The party was winding down and we had dinner plans. It was time to go. Jeff had ONE last thing he wanted to do. His favorite "Toy Story" characters are Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. He LOVES them (I think it's because of the very excellent voice work by Don Rickles and Estelle Harris but, that's my opinion). We'd seen Estelle Harris earlier and Jeff wanted to say "Hi". She was SO sweet (and hilarious! I could listen to her ALL day!). I made her laugh by telling her that Jeff plays her adopted sons, the little green Aliens. She was tickled that he wanted to say 'hello' and didn't believe m when I told her the Potato Heads are his FAVORITE characters. He assured her it was true. It was a great way to end our day, laughing with Mrs. Potato Head!

photo
Do ya see the guy in the middle there? He give great bitchface!

And so ends our fabulous day of fun and excitement! Hope you enjoyed it and go see "Toy Story 3" in just a few short days!

Tip the hat
Jeff says 'so long, Hollywood'!

Additional: You too can experience all the joys of the Toy Story Fun Zone! It's open from June 18 - August 29! You can buy tickets here!

No comments: