Monday, April 19, 2010

Gucci traveling exhibit

Gucci Pommel

Gucci SF Exhibit

Gucci Exhibit

Gucci Hide

I read on The Purse Blog about this fantastic Gucci artisan traveling tour. It was going to be kicking off in my own city! So, I headed out this afternoon to see it. Forgetting, of course, about this dang Volcano in ICELAND that is jacking up travel all over the world. Upon arrival at the store, I found the small display (pictures above), and the machines the artisans would have used (had then been there). The very, very kind staff told me that the event had been cancelled, although if I wanted to get one of the special bags, I could--it would just have to be sent away for finishing. Thinking to myself that sending the bag away kinda defeated the purpose, I thanked them, snagged a few pics (before being told, again very kindly, that photography wasn't allowed), and bounced. Hopefully everything will clear up in time for the other events being held!

No comments: