Friday, May 08, 2009

THEME SOTD: Least Favorite Scarf

I've missed a few SOTD posts as I've been out of town and back and out again! This SOTD caught me at home, so I thought I'd post!

Today's theme was "Least Favorite Scarf". I perused the collection (small that it is, it took mere moments) and nothing sprung to mind. I'm really careful about what pattern or color I buy and haven't really had a "what was I thinking?!" moment for scarves. No one really gifts me with scarves so I don't have any unfortunate presents clinging to my closet either. Then, inspiration struck!

I purchased a plisse a while back. It's lovely scarf! Beautiful and in theory, easy to wear. I thought it would be a fun addition to my scarf accessories - something to throw on and go. Alas, it did not turn out that way. Hermes has included lovely plisse knot ideas in it's last few booklets, so I thought I'd try them. My neck is not a swan-like as the model's and none of my knots turned out well enough to wear the scarf out of the house.

Finally, MaiTai (you can click on her picture book in my links section) posted a "how to" video for a brilliant plisse knot. It would be my scarf's final chance -

Plissé

I think it succeeded very well!

This could become one of my MOST favorite scarves!

No comments: